I do not wish to die. Why death is forced upon me?

 


„And death may take place at any time. There is no guarantee that after so much time you'll die. At any moment, you can die. Death, there is no guarantee. But it is a guarantee that you must die. That is guaranteed. But when you will die, that is not guaranteed. Therefore we must be prepared for death at any moment. Therefore a devotee is not afraid of death. He knows that death may come at any moment. We are . . . nowadays, it has . . . the death is very cheap. Because we are using this motorcar, these aeroplanes, so many things, ships and other things for transportation, and there is, every moment there is danger of accident, collapse, everything. So death is now very cheap. So we must be prepared for death at any moment. There is no guarantee that, "I am not yet old enough. I am not yet eighty years, ninety years. Why shall I die?" No. You may be twenty years, twenty-five years or younger than that. Death is assured, and it can take place at any moment.” (740607 - Lecture BG 08.01 – Geneva)

 

"Then what is advancement? Either you become very rich man or become a Brahmā or become a small ant, you have to die.

Just like when Hiraṇyakaśipu worshiped Lord Brahmā and asked him the benediction that, "Sir, make me immortal." And Brahmā said: "I, myself, is not immortal. How can I make you immortal?" So immortality is not possible. Then how it is possible? We want immortality. Now we are sitting here. If there is some siren, then immediately on the roof of this house, atom bomb will be dropped. Then immediately we shall flee away from this place. Why? Because we are not prepared to meet death. We do not wish to die. That's a fact. But death is forced.

This is knowledge, that "I do not wish to die. Why death is forced upon me? Or if there is any means to avoid death?" The śāstra says, "Yes, there is." Bhagavad-gītā says, Kṛṣṇa says that . . . Kṛṣṇa says, yad gatvā na nivartante tad dhāma paramaṁ mama (BG 15.6), that if you . . . mad-dhāma gatvā punar janma na vidyate: "If you come to my planet, dhāma," dhāma means planet, place, "then you'll never come back to take birth again in this material world." (710822 - Lecture Initiation – London)

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Their unfinished desires continue

Modern science without God consciousness 3. - A living being who lives in the mundane world has four defects

If I cannot argue with others